There are two parts to the University of Florida Privacy Manual, one for management of privacy issues on any part of UF's campuses, and one specifically for management of health information privacy issues for any of UF's health care components.
All policies and procedures in the General Privacy Management section of the UF Privacy Manual apply to all parts of the University of Florida, unless they are preempted by a more stringent health information policy. In that case, the Health Science Centers and healthcare components in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and other locations should follow the more stringent health-related policy. Please see the first chapter of the Operational Guidelines for Health Information for a list of all entities included and affected by those policies and procedures.
University of Florida Privacy Manual
- General Privacy Management - for all UF entities
- Operational Guidelines for Health Information - Policies and Procedures for daily use in UF's healthcare components
- Health Information Forms - These go with the Operational Guidelines above
- HIPAA Privacy Management - policies and procedures for internal use in the Privacy Office, specifically related to healthcare
- Appendix A - HIPAA Glossary
- Appendix B - UF General Records Schedule
- Appendix C - Purchasing Category Codes affected by HIPAA
- Appendix D - Uses and Disclosures of PHI under Florida Law
- University of Florida Notice of Privacy Practices
- Spanish Version: Notificación Conjunta Sobre Practicas De Privacidad
- University of Florida Health Information Policy & Confidentiality Statement